Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 11 Week 2 - Back On It!

I went to bed at just after 2200hrs last night and slept like the dead till may alarm went off at 0630hrs.

Still felt groggy, but 100% better than the previous day, it was up and out on my bike for a trip around the forest.

My usual route, which I must say I enjoy, it has 3 climbs. (If you can call them climbs)


The first climb is fairly long which starts off steep and then eases it self out gently, the second is short and sharp, and the last one is long and has a kick at around the 2/3rds point and then eases off.

The last climb, which is the one I have been going up almost since day 1 I feel I have made the most improvement on.

When I first started I could not even ride up it, having to stop at the bottom and have a 10 minute rest before I even attempted it!

Back then I could not complete it, and when I finally got to the top, once more I had to have a 10 minute breather. All the time I was in Granny Gear and I'm in that gear from the very bottom!

But over time I have got faster and stronger, gradually I have improved, getting either further or by not stopping until now I can ride without the need to stop at the bottom to prepare myself, I climb it in one go and I am out of Granny Gear completely, and I don't stop at the top either, just keep on pushing!

So if there was one measure of how I have improved since I started riding, then this hill is a great example.

Today I rode my normal route, and had my one and only stop at Wilverley Plain, there were plenty of cattle out and about and enjoying the morning sunshine.

This is where I also stop to make my morning videos which you can view HERE


And to have my hot cup of tea and honey!


At this point I am just over half way around, all though it feels like I have ridden further as the second half of the trip just fly's by!

All in all, a good ride and I broke two Personal Records - so happy with that!

Ride safe..


No comments:

Post a Comment