Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Day 9 Week 2 - Damp And Windy

It was a rather damp and windy start to the day.

Thankfully there are only a few really exposed places on the route, which is a real bonus, but where it is exposed it really is exposed and makes a massive difference to my times.



Here I am at my first stop at the bottom corner of Wilverley Plain, about to head up the track that runs along side it.



Not many dog walkers about today.

I did manage to make a video which you can see HERE

My legs were like jelly getting off the bike on my return home, the last few KM's were all into a head wind.

Even though it is slightly down hill, I had to pedal hard just to keep moving!

My waterproof jacket is good at keeping the rain and moisture out, but rubbish at breathing and on a day like today, where the air is damp and with only very light misty rain I actually got wetter by sweating from the inside.

Going to have to look into this, not sure the budget can stretch to full on Gortex!

But, more KM's completed which makes me happy.

Ride safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment