Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day 2 Week 1 Of My 40 Week Training Programme On A Fat Bike

Yesterday as I was about to leave for work, after completing my ride I jumped in the car and got that sinking feeling as the engine turns over sluggishly and doesn't start!

Bugger, or similar words were exchanged with the car!

Quick check to see if my jump pack was charged, guess what, No!

Then as I was popping the engine my neighbour obviously guessed what the problem was and asked if I needed a jump start.

As I always carry jump leads, 2 minutes later the 4x4 was running.

I must admit the battery was a bit sluggish all week, especially if I did not drive it for a couple of days, and as yesterday was Monday and it had been laid up all weekend plus it was a cold morning it was fairly obvious the battery was on it's way out.

So a quick call and a new one on order and is being fitted today.

Which brings me back to today - I was up and out the door at 0530hrs, two reasons.

One, Kiera was driving the 4x4 to the garage as it's next door to her work, so I had to be around at 0830hrs to make sure the car would start (bloody thing did - 1st time) typical!

Secondly, someone is coming to collect a picture, long story.

As I am working today till 2000hrs I wont have time to ride this evening, so the only time I had was early O'clock.

It was dark for 95% of my ride, with the light just starting to filter through as I turned into our estate.

This also meant that I would change the route ever so slightly, instead of riding through Wilverly Enclosure, I would ride as far as I could up the track that runs along side it, then double back on myself.

Yesterday I rode 21.6km today 21.2km so not a great deal of difference.

The reason I changed my mind was simple.

Look at the picture below



I do have a great front light, but doing that in the pitch black dark is just asking for trouble.

You have a job to see the trail in day light!

Back home now, showered and resting.

Ride safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment