Sunday, December 9, 2018

Wilverley Loop Via Sway 21.6km On A Fat Bike (Anti Clockwise)

This was my first proper ride since going down with Man Flu - I'm still not 100% but I'm good enough to go out for a couple of hours.

Especially as the sun kept breaking through the clouds, but oh, how that wind ripped through you in the more exposed areas!

I wanted to do a loop and complete around 20km, so was happy with the 21.6km as recorded on Strava.

I headed North from my home, out to Bashley where I turned past the garage and headed out on the back road to Tiptoe.

Through Tiptoe and then turned left for Sway, down a long gradual hill, which is lovely but it's a good climb back up the other side into Sway.



Once at Sway you turn left and head in a straight line all the way to Wilverley, and even then I carried on in a straight line to the very furthest point of the enclosure.



Once here I wound my way through the enclosure from the top right hand corner to the bottom left hand corner and headed for Wootton Bridge.

A good climb up to the Rising Sun pub, and then it's time to "Grieple" it all the way back home.

A great ride, seeing as I was still full of snot, which is not a bearded man's best friend!

Also managed three "Personal Records" as well. 

Day 1 Week 1 tomorrow - I will do it all again!

Ride Safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment