Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day 1 Week 1 Of My 40 Week Training Schedule On A Fat Bike

So today I started my training schedule, which is broken down into two parts.

One part is riding my bike, I set myself a target of 18km, but the route I am taking is just over 21km so I'm happy with that.

The route is the same as the route I completed in my last post so I will not bore you to death with it's description.

The second part is a set of dumb bell exercises. I am not one for going to the gym, to be honest I have had gym memberships before but found that I rarely went, and when I did I only used the steam room or the sauna!

So I use a set of 4kg dumb bells and complete a set of exercises at home.

These consist of:

Goblet Squat

Dumbbell Clean Lift

Bent Over Row

Two Armed Dumbbell Stiff Leg Dead Lift.

One Armed Swing

Bench Press

Cross Body Hammer Curl

Step Ups

Dumbbell Scaption

Farmers Walk.



I found them on Men's Health website and by clicking the link HERE you can see exactly what they are and how to do them.

My first week I have set my self a target of 10 of each daily. 

Start slowly and work up, the only ones I have changed is the Step Up's which I do when I am out walking. I use the kerb stones to step up onto as I walk, 20 each leg.

Not only that but I do a loop of where I live which is 1km and I carry the 2 x 4kg Dumbbells, this takes me 13 minutes.

These exercises will increase my core body strength and increase my shoulder and arm strength along with grip.

The hardest exercise is the Dumbbell Scaption, followed by the Goblet Squat, so it will be interesting to see how I improve.

The other hard exercise is walking for 1km carrying a 4kg Dumbbell in each hand, this is a whole lot harder than I thought!

Yesterday I made a very short video whilst I was out on the ride and uploaded it to Instagram - You can view it HERE

Also took a couple of pics - 




My ride ended up being 21.6km against a target of 18km so like I said, a couple of extra in the bag.

Anyway, a good start to the plan.

Ride safe...








No comments:

Post a Comment