Sunday, December 9, 2018

Fat Bike Training Schedule For A Fat Bloke

Over the last few months I have been trying to put together a training schedule.

It's not as easy as one thinks!

I thought that I could just wing it, but I soon realised that to be successful there has to be a plan, and that plan has to concrete, with goals that are realistic and achievable.

So after many hours of research I came up with my very own plan specific to my requirements.

My training schedule is made up of two parts.

One part is hours on the bike. The other is dumb bell exercises.

As with all plans you need to look firstly at where you want to be, then you work back from that place with the time you have available and from that a plan is born.

So, I have 40 weeks starting this very Monday - that's the 10th December 2018.

40 weeks to get me up to where I want to be, regarding km's on the bike to ensure that my ride down from John O'Groats is not too much of a struggle, and building my core muscle strength to ensure that my body can cope with the demands I will be putting on it.


Each week I increase in small increments, I have a daily target, but the weekly target is the one that I will be concentrating on.

The reason for this is that life just tends to get in the way, if I was a full time professional athlete then a full time training schedule would be easy to stick to all bar illness or injury.

But, work, life, family and all the other unexpected things that crop up in day to day life do and will have some bearing on my schedule. Hence the need to be flexible and not to worry if I do not hit my daily goal, but I can then concentrate on my weekly goal instead.

Doing it this way I have a strong chance of achieving my goals and not getting demoralised if for what ever reason I cannot.

As the weeks go on I will do an update so you can see my weekly progress.


It's not going to be easy, but if it were then everyone would be doing it.

Ride safe........






No comments:

Post a Comment