Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Inspiration - #doorstopmile #microadventure

The last couple of days have to be honest been a bit of a struggle.

So this morning I was scrolling through YouTube and up popped Alistair Humphreys and a new video.

You can watch the video below, I must say he hit the #microadventure nail right on the head.

When you think of adventure you think of possibly Polar Explorers, or maybe rafting down the Amazon, you know real epic stuff.

But what happens if you haven't time or money for these huge adventures?

This is where a #microadventure comes in - it can be something as simple as what I did today and that was ride to the coast, it only took me 10 minutes and do you know what - it did me the world of good!

I felt better as soon as I got on my bike, I knew it was only going to be a short ride so I gave it all I had and as a result I have now beat 6 Personal Records today.

So here is Al's video - it's entertaining, light hearted, and fun but it does carry this serious message that you need to get outside and do something different.




I do hope you watched it right to the end!

So my ride today was to Barton Beach and back, just 13.7km in length but I did give it all the beans in a few places and like I said came away with 6 Personal Records.

The waves were crashing on the beach and it really did make me feel glad to be alive.




Below is a very short 55 second video of me down there.



From the beach there is a steep climb up to the Beach Comber Cafe.

Last time I tried to ride up the hill I had to bail out around 1/4 of the way up. Today I absolutely "Griepled" it to the top and it felt good.

Resting at the top in one of the shelters I heard the unmistakable "Wokka Wokka" of a Chinook flying in fast and low, I just about managed to get a shot of it as it followed the coast West.

The flyboys must of been having a ball doing that run.



I hope you have maybe been inspired to go and do something different, there really is no excuse not to is there?

Ride safe....................



No comments:

Post a Comment