Thursday, October 18, 2018

Wilverley Enclosure Loop 18.1km On A Fat Bike

It had been raining all day, so I left it as late as I could before I ventured out.

Not that I am just a fair weather rider, but I see no point in getting wet if I don't have to.

Anyway, I did not intend to go far so thought a quick ride up to Wilverley Enclosure would be about right.

Heading straight from home and heading in a direction which kept me away from the busiest roads it did not take me long to get up to the Enclosure.

Once up at the carpark there is a handy loo, so took advantage of that and headed into the wooded area.

A bit wet, which makes it a bit tougher to cycle, but with 4" tyres it made short work of the conditions.

One thing I do need to do is sort out a rear mudguard. I had a wet arse more or less within 100 metres of setting off from home!



It had stopped raining, but the trees were still dripping.

I tend to ride around the outside of the Enclosure in an anti clockwise direction, there is just the one killer hill right at the end, it's not long but it is steep.

Once I had done the loop of the forest I headed back the way I came, climbing up the hill to the Rising Sun pub, a quick rest before big gears and I attempt to "Greiple" my way back along the three straights to home.

I managed a personal best, on the last stretch, pushing a top speed of 41kph or roughly 25mph not bad for a fat bloke on a fat bike with loaded panniers and after cycling 18km

Ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment