Thursday, October 11, 2018

Sway Water Pump 15.8km 9.10.18 On A Fat Bike

It had been a lovely warm day with temps reaching 20 degree's plus which for October is fantastic.

However, my mind has been on the winter and where to ride.

The trouble with the New Forest is that much of it floods during the winter months making it almost a no go area.

There are still tracks and trails to ride, but it's linking them all up to make a good and enjoyable ride that's the problem.

So I set out to try and find a route that I could ride not only in the wet, but in the dark as well.

I chose a route that I liked, it has a few climbs, and a mix of trails and tarmac. However there are 2 streams and a flooded path to cross.

My plan was to try and scoot around the streams and if need be to be able to get around the flooded path.

I found a track that missed out the streams and linked me back in to my original route, but, it's one thing doing it in daylight, but I may struggle in the dark. There were plenty of tree roots to catch you out.

I'll have to try it in the dark, it's the only way I guess.

The rest of the route should be ok to do in the dark, again, I will just have to try it and see how I get on!

Thankfully the sun was still out, and it was lovely to be out on the forest.

A quick 15.8km with a couple of hills thrown in to get the heart pumping.




Finally as I was going to work, I had to stop to take this picture of the sun rising up on the forest. I thought it was stunning.



Ride safe.....


No comments:

Post a Comment