Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Launch Of Cycle Together New Forest

The joy's of cycling

Since I started cycling again it has opened up a great deal of discussion on many areas of cycling.

One area which really got me thinking is the fact that many people would like to cycle but for a number of different reasons won’t.

The reasons I have heard have been the following:

The roads are too dangerous to cycle on.

I cannot get to the safe places to cycle such as the “New Forest Cycle Trails” or “Sea Wall Trails”.

Either of the two safe places to cycle as mentioned above are too far away for me to cycle to in the first place!

I don’t have the confidence to go cycling on my own.

Even if I could get to one of the many miles of “Trails” I haven’t a clue where to go once I'm there.

All of these reasons are totally valid, and justified.

I came to the conclusion that many people would love to get out on a bike if only they could get to somewhere safe to ride easily, and with someone with them to offer support and guidance.

So this is how the idea of "Cycle Together" came about.

I will pick you up from your home, load your bike onto the cycle rack, drive to our location that is well known to me and is perfect for your riding ability.

We ride around for an hour on cycle trail ways, well away from any motorists surrounded by either forest or the sea.

Then once the ride is over we load up and I drive you home.

It's a door to door service which solves all the problems of why people say they will not ride a bike.

I can even higher a bike for you if you do not have one, so you cannot even use "But I haven't got a bike" excuse!

The costs are kept to a minimum of just £10.00 per person, I will run 3 sessions a day, mornings, afternoons and evenings.

I will never make me a million, but it will make me rich in fitness levels, and the joy of watching and helping people enjoy the great outdoors. You cannot put a price on that.

I have put out feelers on various social media pages and had a reasonable response to the idea.

But you can never tell, time restraints, levels of laziness, family commitments all play a part.

So watch this space!



No comments:

Post a Comment