Sunday, October 28, 2018

Brooks Leather B17 Aged Saddle Review 1000km Completed

I have just realised that I have now completed over 1000km on my Brooks Leather B17 Aged Saddle.


Is it worth the money?

That is a good question, and one that I will happily answer.

Firstly, why did I change and why did I choose a Brooks.

I changed simply because after riding 50km on the Calibre Dune stock saddle I had excruciating arse pain!

It's the only way to describe it - If my life depended on it I would not of been able to peddle any further, I found it really uncomfortable.

So the hunt was on for a better saddle.

I had heard about Brooks, widely regarded as one of the finest saddles made, but it does have rivals which I also looked at.

But to be honest, none of them looked or had the pedigree that a Brooks saddle has.

It's expensive, but what price do you put on your own comfort - long days in the saddle without saddle sores makes it easy to forget about the price tag.

So as it stands having now completed to be precise 1231.9km on my Brooks saddle - Is it worth the money?

Without a single doubt - YES!

It is worth every penny, in fact I would go as far to say they could double the price and it would still be worth the money.

I do not suffer from a sore arse any more, even on a 100km ride, getting back on the bike is fine, it's only my overall fitness that lets me down these days!

I went for the Aged Saddle, it is supposed to be softer leather, and right from the very first ride I noticed a difference.

I still think that it is not fully broken in yet, so will see what it is like in another 1000km.

It certainly won't be any worse!

You can buy the same model as mine ----->>>>HERE<<<<-----



A few scuffs which I'm afraid was the result of me leaning my bike against a wooded garden chair and the chair deciding to move!

Other than that it still looks the same shape as when I fitted it. I have seen some very odd shaped saddles so maybe I just haven't put enough miles into it yet!

But if you are struggling with a sore arse and you have tried better padded shorts, then you really do need to try a Brooks saddle.

They make a whole range of saddles, mens and womens so no matter what you are or what you ride there is a saddle for you.

Ride safe......


1 comment: