Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Camelbak Thermos Flask - 16oz Review

I'll get straight to the point - If you want your drinks to remain in the vessel and not leak and remain either hot or cold then you need a Camelbak Thermos - Simple!


The Camelbak Thermos holds 16oz which is just under 1/2 litre so a decent enough amount for a good brew.

I have only ever used it for hot drinks, never felt the need to use it for cold.

I bought it because I was fed up with other thermal cups leaking. Its not always possible to keep your mug upright all the time.

This mug has never leaked once. The trigger release mechanism is firm, and does require a degree of pressure to open to release the fluid. But unless you are severely arthritic you should have no problems opening it. As soon as you release the pressure on the trigger it automatically closes.


So how long does it keep your tea hot for?

I found that it keeps tea scolding hot a good 3-4 hrs, after that it does cool, but very slowly - I have drunk lukewarm tea made at 0630 hrs and drunk at 1400hrs a good 7 1/2 hrs later!


It comes with a no quibble life time guarantee - just take it back to the shop you bought it and they will exchange it for a new one.

I know this for a fact because I have had one replaced. The reason mine became damaged was due to user error!

When the thermos is closed up it creates a vacuum inside, this makes opening it up very difficult. I was not aware that you had to release the pressure inside by squeezing the trigger.

Once you have done this, the black top part simply unscrews. If you unscrew it like I did without releasing the pressure, firstly it's a lot harder and secondly it buggers the seal and then it does leak!

I have had the flask above for nearly 3 years now and it is still going strong, easy to wash, all though if you are lazy like me, tea will stain the inside.

It has been dropped, banged about and has come on all my trips. In fact I use it probably 5 days a week. 

If there was one bit of kit I would not be without, this would be it.

Yes they are expensive compared to other thermos mugs, but the fact it keeps things really hot and does not leak even when upside down or led on its side for extended periods is worth every penny!

I have included the link above and here ---> Camelbak 16oz Thermos

Ride safe....

No comments:

Post a Comment