Monday, October 8, 2018

Muddy Trails 14km 6.10.18 On A Fat Bike

It had been raining heavily and to be honest I did not feel like venturing out, but eventually got my act together and thought I would try a route I do often and see how different it is in the wet.

Thankfully by the time I had set off it had stopped raining, but there was a really strong headwind, I was down at least 3 minutes at my normal 16 minute point, I had not even left tarmac at this stage.

The stream had not risen so both were easy to cross with no dramas, but the trails were slippery in places and a bit sludgy.



I knew it would be a slower trip, but it would be interesting to know how slow.

Stopping in my usual place for a quick breather.




I felt ok, but it had been relatively easy so far, it was now time for some uphill sections, firstly a steep climb on loose gravel then once I'm on the road a climb from Wootton Bridge to the Rising Sun.

At least by the time I had reached the top of the 2nd climb I had a tailwind all the way home.

Time wise I was approx 11 mins down on a dry day, due to the amount of mud and water on the off road sections, it really does slow you down.

A good ride, and it got the heart and legs pumping so it had the desired result.

Hoping to ride somewhere new next week as I have a weeks driving up at Verwood and Moors Valley Park is close by, so maybe a spin around the forest.

Ride Safe....


No comments:

Post a Comment