Friday, October 5, 2018

Long Shadows 13.9km On A Fat Bike

It had been a lovely warm day with a top temperature of 23 degrees - so when I got home and sorted a few things out it was time to head for the trails for a quick blast.

Heading out of New Milton and through the lanes to Tiptoe where I cut onto the forest. This long trail is made by the horses walking from one water source to another.


The sun was just starting to set, made for some great shadow pictures!


Down to Wootton stream and across it, then I followed the edge of the wood, there is a clump of pine tree's I always like to stop at, and have taken lots of photos from this spot.

It's tranquil and which ever way you look there is a picturesque view. With the sun setting through the tree's I had to stop for a while and just take it all in.


Always animals out in the forest, I had all ready spotted a dear, I had disturbed it's grazing out in the meadow I had just ridden through.

This time of evening is always good to spot dear.


Having a quick break, just taking it all in - the forest really comes alive early evening.


From here I rode up the hill, and joined the disused railway line, turned left and headed towards Wootton Bridge.

It was then a long climb up towards the Rising Sun - I managed to beat my Personal Record going up the hill towards the pub, probably due to the fact that I was on fresh legs as it was a short ride.

I've usually done double or triple the distance by the time I reach this point, so good legs enabled me to power up the hill.

It was then big gears all the way home. 13.9km Not a long ride, but considering some of the terrain I had to cross a fast ride.

I enjoyed it, especially as the weather was kind

Ride safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment