Sunday, March 8, 2020

Off Work With Calcific Tendonitis - Ouch!

Monday

Well, to be honest it was rather nice not having to get up at silly o'clock to go off to work for the week!

I did have to get up as I had to collect my sick note and xray note from the med centre, then go for the xray.

This I did, I was expecting a good wait at the hospital for an xray so went armed with coffee. I had just sat down in the waiting room and was called forward.

I had to change into a gown, well two gowns to be precise which was easier said than done with a dodgy shoulder.

Got zapped, saw the xray with the calcium deposit, that's the bit that is giving me the pain and was told that the results would be back with my Doctor in 7 to 10 days time.

Sorry, but I can see the xrays in front of me! It's not like the good old days where they need to be developed - its digital.

So really not sure where the 7-10 days come into it?

A mystery for sure!

It was back home for a day of just mooching about.

I'm still in a bit of pain and so my sleep is disrupted so I did have a little snooze during the afternoon for a couple of hours.

Marinated some beef strips in Hoysin Sauce and Honey for later this evening and that has been my day! Rock n Roll!




I also made some Sag Aloo - that's potatoes and spinach to go with it. It tasted magnificent!

Oh, I did find out how much to have a towbar fitted to the Mercedes ML - 

£305.00 for a fixed and £484.00 for a detachable.

So it will be the fixed one then!

Tuesday

Well the only thing I have planned today is a little trip into Tesco's. Shoulder still painful but I do have a little more mobility.

Woke up having led on my arm last night, really not advisable!

Resting my shoulder/arm appears to be doing the trick, so plenty more rest today.

I will be cooking a Cottage Pie later for our tea!

Below is a picture that is currently doing the rounds on Facebook, I'm holding out on it's validity as you just don't know.

It is said that this is a lorry park in Shanghai - near the docks, I reckon there is close to 4000 trucks parked there. Now whether this is due to the virus or due to a strike held last year I have no way of telling.

I just think that 4000 trucks parked up is a sight to behold! Also it does show the scale of operation at Shanghai Port which is the largest in the world.



Wednesday

No plans today, Kiera is off to London which I am a little concerned about, this Corona Virus is starting to get a little out of hand now that it has reached our shores.

Only excitement today was watching the tree guys cut back a couple of tree's near our garage block. One was touching the garage the other was over hanging the road.



Really need to get out of the house tomorrow, starting to get a little bored. Not sure how two weeks of self isolation would work actually! 

Lets hope it doesn't come to that, but with every hour, further increases in cases, it would appear that it will be necessary shortly.

Thursday

Had a phone call from the Doctors, they said I could have a steroid injection but it's not likely I'll get an appointment for this for a month!

Thankfully, the pain is easing and I have a lot more mobility, but a month! I'm lost for words!

It has chucked it down with rain all day and I was hoping to get outside. No luck on that front what so ever.

To cap it all our broadband went down over night and only came back on after lunch time today.

It was a major outage stretching from Southampton to Bournemouth. Some one is going to be getting it in the neck for that.

Other  than that, nothing to report.

Friday

Another day at home, but I did venture into Tesco, to find that there was Toilet Roll but unfortunately no Pasta!

Tinned goods were a bit thin on the ground, but that was about it.

At least the cat has kept me company all day today, he likes having someone around.


Saturday

Yesterday I eased myself right off the pain killers, I wanted to see how my shoulder/arm really felt, it was better but still ached, but decided to persevere with no pain treatment.

Kiera was off as well, not that we did anything, just relaxed, read, watched some YouTube and snoozed the day through. Rather nice!

However, by late afternoon, I started to get stomach cramps, at first I thought it was a bit of food poisoning, which to be totally honest would of been a first for me, I could probably get away with eating rotting road kill and still be ok!

But it was just cramps, finally we put it down to withdrawal of the pain killers. When I did my back in a while back, I remember something similar happening.

The high dosage of strong pain killers sure does have some side effects to your body!

I did manage to make a Spaghetti Bolognase last night, one of my favourites, using plenty of fresh Basil.



Easy to make and real quick, tasted wonderful as well!

Sunday

Another week done, zero mileage this week!

It's raining today so not intending on going anywhere, so more relaxing, reading, snoozing and a watch of YouTube.

So that's all folks for this week.

Till later................





No comments:

Post a Comment