Monday, March 16, 2020

Covid-19 Corona Virus - My Views And Update 16th March 2020

I wrote a few days ago (9th March) my feelings and thoughts, a week on, we as a Nation have done nothing or very little that I can see to change anything that we do.

We go from total apathy, to panic buying and clearing shops of Freezers and Laptops!

I have read and heard of so many stories of people saying that it's just like the flu and you will get over it. 

One story was an 80 year old lady here in New Milton that told her neighbour, that we live in a beautiful part of the world, nothing ever bad happens here so don't worry!

Bravado or Naive?

"I remember the days of rationing lad" and "As a kid I ate worms, I've the immune system of a donkey" are being banded about daily.

I could recite many more stories, but to do so would be pointless.

Take a look at Italy, an up to date European neighbour, just 2 hrs flying time away, to see how their medical system is coping.

The fact is it is not - People as young as 40 are being assessed for ventilators those we a good chance of survival get to live, those 40 year olds with pre-existing respiratory illnesses are not. This is no longer scaremongering it is indeed fact!

Yet, have we woke up to this fact, do people not read or listen to the news or as a Nation are we casually burying our heads in the sand and hoping nothing happens?

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not suggesting we go full out in to "Panic Mode" and start acting like the "Mad Max" Films, but we do need to think more about "Social Distancing" and the opportunities of working from home.

It's all to do with slowing down the spread of the virus, stopping it is impossible now, we are far too late for that, but there is still time to slow it down, just!

But - Only if we act now, today, right now!

All of those who can work from home, work from home. Continuing to work in an office when you can easily work from home is like trying to save the carpet from a burning house!

You are not going to win that one!

Do you need to go to the shops? Out for that meal? Go to the Gym? 

It's the little things right now that could make the difference later on.

If you continue to carry on normally, then I make no joke of this, but do you want to be responsible for killing someone with a low immune system or respiratory problems?

Or you pass it onto a perfectly healthy person and they pass it on. Either way you could be responsible for someone's death, just think about that for a minute, please!

So limit what you do, by all means "Keep Calm" but please do not "Carry On"

Here in the UK "The Lancet" is by far the most respected mouth piece of the Medical Profession - I have included the link below

Well worth a read - Here is the link ---> http://bit.ly/3aWc7Hh

It details exactly what is happening in Italy and it does not take a genius to work out that exactly the same will happen here in the UK in the next few weeks. 

Do what you need to do to protect you and your family

Till later............

My Disclaimer - I am not an educated man, however I am not stupid and therefore whilst my outlook is not based on academic first hand knowledge it is based on common sense, reliable sources and an open mind to all possibilities and outcomes.










No comments:

Post a Comment