Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Chicken Satay Noodles - Quick And Easy!

I cooked this delicious meal last night and it went down a storm in the house.

It was so simple to make and quick as well, I had all the time in the world, but this dish only takes 20 minutes start to finish!

On looking at the recipe I changed a couple of things, firstly it suggests you cook the chicken in a tablespoon of oil, now I rarely use oil to cook, and chicken these days unless you are using organic corn fed type is full of excess moisture so there really is no need to use oil.

The second thing I changed was using coconut milk, I simply forgot to buy any, but I did have creme fresh in the fridge and used that instead.

So the list of ingredients used is as follows:

To feed four.

3 Chicken Breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
Small Handful Of Fresh Chopped Coriander
2 Heaped Tea Spoons of Pataks Balti Curry Paste
1 Heaped Desert Spoon of Light Brown Sugar
2 Heaped Desert Spoons of Crunchy Peanut Butter
350ml of Creme Fresh
Packet of Sugar Snap Peas/Mange Tout
Packet of Baby Sweetcorn

Packet of Straight To Wok Noodles.


Now for the more observant amongst you, there are a couple of things wrong with the above photo, firstly a lemon crept into the shot! secondly the Wijko Peanut Satay at the back was replaced with a more normal type of Tesco own Peanut Butter.


As with any cooking preparation is the key, with all the prep done, the only thing you need to do is add things to the wok in a logical order.


I always trim the ends of sugar snap peas and mange tout.

So I chopped the chicken into bite size pieces, and placed them into a wok and cooked them till most of the juice had evaporated and the pieces started to brown. Took around 8-10 mins.

I then stirred in the balti paste and a good handful of chopped coriander, making sure that all the chicken was coated. I turned the heat down a bit and left that for a further couple of minutes.

Then I added the peanut butter, creme fresh, brown sugar and gave it a good stir. If you feel it's a little to thick, then add some more creme fresh or a little water to thin it down.

Then the sweetcorn and peas went in and once stirred, left for a couple of minutes to heat through.

I use straight to wok noodles, and I find that if you try and add them into the wok they can break up and it just becomes a mess. So I usually microwave them for a couple of minutes, fluff them out with a fork, then they can go straight on the plate.

I use Tesco Udon Noodles, for this recipe I used two packs, each pack contains 2 sachets of noodles, simple cut them open, place in a large bowl all together and zap in the microwave till piping hot, 3 1/2 mins for me.


Adding the the chicken satay directly on top. 

Garnished with a pinch of coriander and there it is - job done!


As with all ingredients feel free to add more or less of which ever you feel is necessary, the beauty of this recipe is that it is very difficult to get it wrong!

20 minutes to make and feeds four - not sure what the costings are for this, but it's not that expensive.

Till later.....................

3 comments:

  1. Meant to add, how is your injury going, getting better I hope. It's nice that you have this time for R&R, cooking, and extra blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, shoulder has got better but only to the point of 70% - still off till the 23rd March earliest, and that is if I have a job to go back to! Very little coming into docks so work has slowed right down, together with Covid-19 getting worse all paints a grim picture here!

      Delete