Thursday, March 12, 2020

Chicken And Mushroom Stroganoff - Simple Recipe

Now this recipe started off as just a Mushroom Stroganoff, but I added Chicken to add a little more to it, plus by using Chicken, there was more chance of the kids eating it!

Also I forgot to add Garlic! I know bad me!

But, even with forgetting to add the Garlic it still turned out ok, and we all enjoyed it.

However, I did feel that there was something missing, I'm not exactly sure what it was, and cannot count the lack of Garlic as the main reason, but on looking through other recipes I did notice that most of them used Sour Cream instead of Creme Fraiche. Could that of been the reason, Sour Cream does tend to have a bit more of a tang to it?

So the list of ingredients used is as follows:

To feed four.


3 Chicken Breasts
1 Large Field Musroom
1 Pack of Wild Mushrooms
1 Pack of Shiitake Mushrooms
1 Large Red Onion
2 Cornichons (used Small Gherkins)
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
Big Dollops of Creme Fraiche
Splash of Whisky but I used Rum!

I cut the Chicken into bite size pieces and cooked off on a high heat in the wok.

Left to one side and reused the same wok.

Added the chopped Mushrooms and Onion and cooked down, till the onion was soft.



This is where the Garlic should of been added!


Stirred in the Chicken and added the Paprika and Creme Fraiche with a splash of Mount Gay Rum - Whiskey was on the recipe but I don't drink it and I only had Rum available, so Rum it was!

Always advisable to sample the ingredients!


That was it, cooked up some White Rice and served!



Took around 30 minutes all in from start to finish.


I think if I were to make this again, I would use Sour Cream and definitely put in the Garlic!

Till later.............

No comments:

Post a Comment