Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Lock Down UK - 2020

I would not of in my wildest dreams was I expecting to find myself in the situation we are in now.

We are in Lock Down - well sort of!

I would of preferred to of seen greater restrictions on public movement more in line with Europe.

Instead we have guidelines which folk appear to be bending to suit their own strange beliefs.

There are still people carrying on as normal, seemingly oblivious to the problems that are surrounding them.

If the fact that an Exhibition Centre in London Docklands is being converted into a 4000 bed hospital doesn't scare you into staying indoors, it bloody well should! 

But, all we as a family can do is keep our heads down as much as possible, effectively we are on Super Lock Down - I have been out once for essentials and that is it. I don't think our 15 year old lad has left his bed yet! He is in heaven!

Must admit I don't have a problem with it. I'm conditioned to living in my Truck which has the square footage of your average kitchen table! So being stuck inside our house is not an issue for me.

But, I can see how others feel enclosed.

I've been keeping myself busy by watching loads of YouTube and playing with my "Router"

I wish I had bought one years ago, they are brilliant.

As my sense of humour is rather dark, some would say verging on the disturbing my first sign I made using my new toy raised a few eye brows!


I wanted to put it next to my front door but was persuaded not to!

However, four of my friends have asked me to make one of these for them!

I am also in the process of making a couple of bee signs - These are still work in progress and will be completed over the next couple of days, weather permitting.



A fiddly job, as I had to mask off as much as possible so that I could get an even coat of spray paint.


All that is required now is sanding down to remove the excess paint, leaving only paint in the routed out parts.

I've also started a house number for my inlaws, they don't know anything about this yet.

Both in Lock Down due to health issues, once it's finished and I have supplies for them I'm going to go down and replace their old one, which is currently lying on the ground with the one I'm making and will wait to see how long  it is before they notice!

I will also know if they are going out or not!

They do not read this blog so they won't find out.


On the right will be a Bee - Ill put more pics up as I go. The numbers still require sanding back to remove the paint bleed around the edges.

If you have been watching the news, I know it's depressing, but it's almost like you feel you need to!

You may of noticed more and more people are being interviewed from home. Now there is a clip floating about of an important guy being interviewed at home, and his really young kids barge in, then you see the child minder on hands and knees trying to retrieve them.

But we have been noticing more and more animals finding their way into the shot, mostly cats so far but none the less amusing.

We have also noticed that some folk have paid no attention to where they are being interviewed.

If I was being interviewed from home by the BBC I would make sure that the back drop was plain or uncluttered or showed something nice. 

One MP was interviewed recently appeared to be sitting under the stairs, whilst the lady below looked like she was either sat on the floor or her radiators were head height!


With all this doom and gloom you have to find humour somewhere!

Talking of which, I find this amusing, it's an old picture that's been circulating for some time, but it just makes me smile.

In other news

Cooking still plays and important part in our lives.

Breakfast for Kiera is a healthy one, whilst mine on the other hand is, well, unhealthy.



I couldn't even wait to take the picture of my bacon sarnie before I tucked in!

I have also discovered in our time of need and rationing that a PG Tips T-Bag can be used 7 times before it disintegrates!!


Gone are the days of my T-Bag stack being 12 or 13 high!

Making good use of the skillets last night, Chicken and Bubble and Squeak. Nothing is now going to waste in our house.



Typically, the weather is wall to wall sunshine now that we are in Lock Down, it would probably make it easier, and more would comply if it was raining, but that would only make the situation more depressing.

I'm still due to return to work on Wednesday, but talking to a couple of the guys yesterday, we now have containers coming into the docks, but the businesses that we deliver them to are closing down! We can't win!

So who knows, to be honest with the current situation and the plans the Government has in place to protect workers. I'm happy to stay at home and take 80% of my pay!

Well, I hope everyone is coping with the situation? it won't last forever, and although there will be sacrifices to be made, and loved ones lost we need to keep going.

There is a future, just not as we know it today.

Stay safe..........................


No comments:

Post a Comment