Friday, March 20, 2020

Corona Virus Covid19 Update - How Long Till Lock Down? 20th March 2020

This is the biggest question there is right now?

How Long Till Lockdown?

My guess by the end of next week, I reckon midnight Saturday 28th March.

We appear here in the UK to be taking everything real slow compared to other European Countries.

My daughter lives and works in Teneriffe, Spain and they are on full lock down.

I've also friends who live in main land Spain and are the same as my daughter, also locked down.

Personally I think they need to do it sooner rather than later.

People here in the UK are still not taking it seriously enough! This I find rather scary.

Yesterday I had to go to my local Doctors Surgery to get a new sick note issued. My shoulder is still not right.

Whilst waiting in the queue, I was listening in to the 3 old folk in front of me. All agreed that they had no intentions of self isolating or restricting their movements.

If there was ever evidence of panic buying - I over heard the receptionist say to the very same old guy who was in front of me who tried to get a repeat prescription for a medication he was last issued in May 2019! She said he would have to see a Doctor if he wanted the repeat!

He was the same guy also that was moaning he could not get Diet Pepsi and was now going to have to visit other super markets to try and find it! 

Really?

Is there a need to put yourself at risk by looking for Diet Pepsi?

I also heard that an elderly family friend had been out to have her hair, then her nails done then stopped off at a garden centre for a coffee!

This is why I think people are not just getting it!

Personally I feel that there is more than enough information on TV, Papers, Radio and the Internet to understand that there is a crisis on our doorstep - here, now!

So why are people not adhering to the advice?

The only way to combat the virus now is to go into full lockdown the same as other European Countries - Then to start fining people who break the rules.

It upsets me thinking that people "WILL" not "COULD" needlessly die for the sake of a bloody can of Diet Pepsi! (Other brands available)!

The other news in our household is our two kids who were due to sit GCSE's and A Levels in a few weeks time, this is their last day at school as all schools close today and all exams cancelled!

I still remember the euphoria of my last day at school! This will be a bit of an anti-climax for them, both are a little subdued.

Also not knowing what grades they are going to now get and how they will be worked out.

A levels being especially important as University places are worked out on grades achieved.

Hopefully we will know later today how this will happen as this will put their young minds at rest.

Our Cat "Whiskers" is enjoying us all being at home, being a very sociable cat, he is in heaven!

I was given a couple of bottles of St Peters Ale the other day, a friend of ours is having her house renovated and currently has no kitchen, so I made a Cottage Pie for them, in return I got a couple of bottles of rather fine beer! Good trade!



I like my porridge in the mornings, but I must admit that having a beard is a bit of an issue with eating porridge, especially when you add "Golden Syrup". 


Top Tip - Never wear a clean t-shirt prior to eating porridge and be in a position to get a shower immediately afterwards!

Haven't made Spicy Potato Wedges for a while so rustled some up the other night to go with our Chicken Kiev's - Chunky chips placed in a bowl, a good few glugs of Olive Oil, then my own blend of Herbs and Spices mixed in.



Baked till crispy - lovely!

A bit of good news from work - I run containers out of Southampton Docks, a new contract from Southampton now looks like it will secure our jobs. So at least I now know I have a job to return to.

I actually miss driving, and am looking forward to getting back on the road on the 1st April.

That's as long as we do not get the virus!

I will probably venture out to the super market, haven't been for 4 days now, so we need to replenish a few things.

Could do with some flour to make bread and some fresh fruit and veg, and some minced meat and chicken.

But, the big questions is - Do I wear a mask or not? 

There is conflicting evidence of the benefits of wearing one, but if it's good enough for the health professionals why shouldn't I.

Stay safe..........................









No comments:

Post a Comment