Friday, November 9, 2018

Wootton Loop 16.3km On A Fat Bike

Took the fat bike out for a quick spin late in the afternoon yesterday.

The weather was dry but the nights are starting to draw in quickly these days!

I left my house and took a turn off to the right along a footpath, I've ridden along here before, but that was a while ago and I noticed recently that they were making it wider and laying it to gravel.

The gravel did not last long, and the old muddy path was still there, this winds it's way through woodland, with many low branches, narrow gaps between trees, roots to knock you off balance and fallen tree's. 



This was one of the easier sections to get through. A lovely little ride, but I did encounter a few dog walkers, all were ok, but it's not a route I would choose to do often.

It was then into the forest and along the trails. These trails are made by the continuous movement of horses here in the New Forest.

But, there are local horse riders who also use these same trails. You can always tell when a horse fitted with shoes has been through as the trail is ripped to shreds.

They say bikes cause damage, well no where near as much as horse riders do - I should of taken a photo.

It was that bad in places that it will not be long before I will be unable to ride it. Shame really.

As the light was fading fast I managed one photo opportunity of the bike.



The forest is changing colour now that autumn is setting in.

No records broken today, but an enjoyable day, I could of gone further, but with fading light decided to call it a day.

Ride safe..

No comments:

Post a Comment