Wednesday, November 7, 2018

To See The Sea 8.4km On A Fat Bike

With the weather forecast not looking at all good, today was never going to be a long ride!

The wind was gusting 50mph and there were frequent heavy down pours, so I decided to go and see the sea.

I took my normal route towards the sea, but with an extremely strong head wind it was hard work as I approached the sea front.

I dropped down the cliff and onto the sea front at Barton, and rode along to the end of the beach.






Whilst I was riding my pop on down tube mudguard blew off twice, after the second time it was strapped to my rear rack. That's how strong the wind was!

I was going to have a brew down here but decided to head back up the hill to a shelter and regroup as you could watch the rain clouds form and come towards you.



But first I had to negotiate "Marine Beach Climb" which I can happily say that I beat my previous "Personal Record".

Out of the wind in the shelter it was very pleasant, really mild for the time of year and so I had a brew and just watched the clouds scoot by for 10 mins or so.

Heading home with the wind at my heels it did not take me long to get home, just as well as it started to rain, and I was a tad damp by the time I reached the house.

Only 8.4km a real easy ride, apart from the head wind, but enjoyable none the less.

Ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment