Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Canadian War Memorial Trail Loop 51.2km On A Fat Bike

The weather was dry for the day so I set out on a route that I have roughly taken before but this time I wanted to try and find a way to cross the A35 without risking life and limb!

I left home and made my way towards Wootton Bridge and picked up the Castleman Trail and headed in the direction of Brockenhurst.



Whilst on the trail I met up with another rider, who like myself was easing himself back into riding after a long time away from the saddle.

We had a good chat as we rode and at the end of the trail he turned round to retrace his steps, he told me that this was the furthest he had ridden and looked well chuffed!

I carried on into Brockenhurst, over the railway bridge, past the Golf course and turned left at "The Rise" and headed out towards Rhinefield.

Through the tree's which looked absolutely splendid due to the changing colours of the leaves, even more so when the sun broke through the clouds.




I stopped here for a brew and looked to see where I was off to next.

Heading across the A35 and not long after took a left and back into the forest, here I followed a trail all the way up to the Canadian War Memorial as I have done on previous rides.

There are some great trails around this part of the forest.




Scooting down the other side of the forest heading South it is nearly all down hill and it takes no time at all to reach the New Forest Reptile Centre which is closed for the winter, but the car park is still open.

This is where I stopped for lunch.



I was using my Stanley Thermos once again, a brilliant piece of kit, it really does keep the food warm as long as you fill it to the brim.



From here I followed the track to just before the main road and branched off left on a trail, this eventually led me to an underpass.

It was a bit wet, and now that we have had a bit more rain, would probably say it would not be ride-able which is a shame.

This took me to Bank, where I joined the trail that took me back to Blackwater and Rhinefield.

Across the forest to Wilverley Plain, then an up hill section and home.

51.2km completed with 11 Personal Records (PR's) beaten! 

It was a good ride and very enjoyable.

Ride safe..................


No comments:

Post a Comment