Thursday, November 29, 2018

Stem Lane Loop x 4 (Lite) On A Fat Bike

I have been looking for a while for a circuit that is approx 5km in length, not a great deal of traffic and with some off road/track.

I also wanted the circuit to be fairly close to home, so that if I did have a problem in the dark then it would be within easy walking distance.

Approx 1.5km is on a rutted gravel byway full of potholes and in this weather a bit of mud as well, so it's not all tarmac and easy riding.

I first tried it with out loaded panniers, just to get a feel for it and to set a bench mark time.

There was a strong wind, which slows you down a bit, and I took it at a steady, normal riding pace.

Not a bad loop as it worked out, but I may tweek it a bit as I go.

19.09km in 1hr 12mins - with an Avg speed of 15.8km



Ride safe

No comments:

Post a Comment