Monday, January 7, 2019

Day 20 Week 3 - Egmond Aan Zee And Back Via Bergen Aan Zee

The weather was a bit inclement, but with a few hours to myself as the girls had all gone shopping it was time to get on the bike!

I headed out through the dunes and back towards Bergen Aan Zee - kept on going and picked up the North Sea Cycle Route which took me through more dunes to just before Egmond.

I had never ridden this section of dunes before and it felt as if I was just going up hill, along with a head wind made it a tough ride.



Made my way into Egmond Aan Zee and found the light house, which as you can see is currently surrounded by scaffolding.




Just up from there is a little cafe that over looks the sea, and as it was starting to rain, decided that a quick coffee would be in order.



From here I retraced my steps across the dunes, flying through them as I had the wind behind me, and before I knew it I was back in Bergen Aan Zee.

I decided on a different way home, a little more direct, this took me down a road lined with houses that would be costing in excess of 1 million Euros if you decided you wanted one!

I should of taken some pictures of the houses, some are spectacular in design.

Next time we are over I will make a point of taking more pictures.

Back at the Hotel, shower, relax and a beer!



Ride safe....


No comments:

Post a Comment