Monday, January 28, 2019

Calibre Dune Cracked Frame Warranty Update And Knackered Wrist!

A couple of days after I had taken the bike into GoOutdoors I received a call from them.

The mechanic had taken a look at the frame they had in stock and it was damaged so was not happy with using it, which is fair enough.

So they are now in the process of a full blown warranty claim, which I thought was happening anyway!?

I have not heard any thing from them yet so will give it to the middle of the week to see what the score is.

Not that I can ride a bike at the moment as I have done my wrist in!

This last week I took a short term contract via an agency to do some yard work at a propane/butane gas cylinder refilling plant.

Those big bottles are nearly 98kg when full and by the time you have shifted a hundred plus of those around plus a similar amount of cylinders at half that weight it takes it out of you.



Unfortunately I have managed to give myself acute tendinitis and if that wasn't bad enough carpel tunnel syndrome (trapped nerve) both to my right wrist.

I ended up  seeing an out of hours Doctor on Sunday as I was in that much pain.

I am now on meds and splinted up!


The work was really tough, but the rest of my body coped extremely well, the reason I took it on was I thought it would help with my upper body strength.

I personally think it was the fact that I had to do so much work with very little help from anyone else over a 12hr shift. I did not take into account that I am no longer 18 years old!

I'm not sure if it was lifting the bottles or the continuous spinning/rolling of the bottles, either way it buggered up my wrist.

I reckon at least a week of doing nothing but resting my wrist.

So for those who can - ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment