Monday, January 7, 2019

Day 19 Week 3 - Bergen Ride Around

Once we get to Holland and unload the car that is it - the keys are left, and unless we are venturing far away then the just use bikes to get about.

So today, I loaded my bike up into the car and drove up to Kiera's Dad's where we were going to leave the car. 

The whole time we were there it was not used, such a difference to the UK!

Kiera's sister and her family also arrived the same day as us and they also had bikes so we all made good use of them.

My first morning in the hotel and coffee - I like my coffee in the mornings and thankfully they had a great coffee machine which brewed up a really decent strong latte.


Today, we cycled out to the sea side at Bergen Aan Zee for lunch. A bit windy, but it blew the cobwebs away, and I just love cycling through the dunes.

Parked up to take a picture whilst waiting for everyone else to catch up and it looks surprisingly like the New Forest!


I'm out in the dunes at this point, not far from the sea.

There is one short but steep climb on the route, when I first started cycling I had to walk up it.

I had no chance of making it to the top, and I needed a 10 minute rest to recover from pushing my bike to the top!

Now, well, I was very happy with the difference, I just blasted it up without even dropping down in to bottom gear! What a difference 7 months of training has made!

The girls were taking a more leisurely pace!


The ride was just over 15km's and I managed to break 3 "Personal Records" so that was the icing on the cake.

As I have said before, to see and to be honest feel the difference in my riding is just so motivating!

A ride up to the Ness later and back added another 3.75km to my daily figure.

Ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment