Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Day 4 of 5 Day In The Life Of A HGV Tramper

My alarm went off at 0430hrs and after an extremely long day yesterday I struggled to get up.

But after a brew and vehicle checks I was ready to go.

I had been left a key to the yard gates, so once opened replaced the key and slowly negotiated my way out of Dover.

It was just as tricky getting out, lots of parked cars to squeeze past but managed to get out without any wing mirror removal!

Now to Felixstowe where I took a break and swapped trailers. Mine was preloaded and due to be in Hungerford for 1400hrs.



Whilst on my break it was porridge time!

No problems going around the top of the M25 and out on the M4, a clean and easy run to just outside of Hungerford where the delivery point was easy to find with a nice big yard. An easy reverse onto a ramp and they set about unloading me.

It took just under 2hrs and as I was almost at 12hrs since I started decided to call it a day at Chievley Services and run in, in the morning. 

Stats for today were card out 1638 - 524km Driven total driving time 7hr 50mins

Paid to park £30.00 which is a bit steep considering the facilities are pretty poor.

Wasn't that hungry so grabbed a cheese and onion sandwich out of Mark's Spencer's for £2.00 (bargain) and decided to try out the method of toasting it in my Ridge Monkey pan.

It worked a treat! The Ridge Monkey is definitely versatile!

I read for a bit then got my head down as I was still tired

And so ends another day in the life of a Tramper!

Stats for the day - Card Out 1638 - 524km driven with 7hrs 50mins of driving time.

Till later....

No comments:

Post a Comment