Monday, February 10, 2020

Day 2 of 5 Day In The Life Of A HGV Tramper

The day started at 0420hrs when my alarm went off, but prior to that I woke at midnight and again at 0300hrs.

For me that was a good night's sleep!

After a brew and a check round the truck to make sure everything was working I managed to pull out of the truck stop at 0500hrs.

A quick 30 minutes later and I had arrived at my destination. Took a while to work out how to get into the complex, but once in I was backed onto a bay and they got on with unloading me, whilst I used their facilities and then snoozed for an hour.


I woke to a tap on the door, they had unloaded quicker than expected, I hadn't had time to even sort out a brew!

Paper work completed and made time for a quick brew and I sorted out where I was going next.

Over night the plan had changed. I was now going to a container company in Irlam where my box was coming off and a 20ft box was going on. 

I was then off to Felixstowe!

However due to high winds Health and Safety had kicked in and the place was shut down. I was told till roughly 1100hrs but that could change!

So I sat and drank coffee and watched YouTube. Nothing else I could do!

Eventually got in just after 1000hrs and found that I had 2 x 20ft boxes going on.

Loaded them on and once I had removed all the mud and debris off the boxes made my way South, heading to Felixstowe. 

You can see how muddy the site was, it's all dried but will set about cleaning it up later.

Currently sat on A421 in a layby on a break, once more looking at the rubbish. As you can see, bins have been provided but they are no good at all unless they are emptied!

Looks like these boxes I have on will be going on the quay tomorrow morning as I will of done over 12hrs once I get to Felixstowe. 

Well, I arrived in Felixstowe, fuelled up and parking in the yard was a nightmare! I was not in an ideal spot at all - right by the gate. Hopefully as I'm tired I'll sleep through all the trucks going in and out!

Made a cuppa with my new kettle, so much easier than gas and writing up this blog!

For tea tonight its Tesco's Corned Beef Hash which to be honest is rather nice!

I'll watch a bit of iplayer later and talk with Kiera who I miss terribly and then off to bed! Another day done!

Today's stats ended up as Card Out 1717hrs 462km driving time of 6hrs 27mins.

For a change a relatively easy day!

Till later........

No comments:

Post a Comment