Saturday, September 15, 2018

Night Ride On The Calibre Dune Fat Bike - New Forest

As the nights are starting to slowly draw in I thought it would be a good idea to see how I got on riding in the dark!

Earlier in the day I went to Halfords to upgrade and add to my lights I all ready have fitted.

I currently run a LED front light which is rechargeable via a USB cable plus it also has an electronic horn which certainly makes people jump out of the way.

It has a number of different modes, from full beam, dipped and flashing.

The rear light again is LED and has a number of different flashing modes as well as constant. I prefer to run it on flashing mode.

They had a good selection of lights in Halfords, I really wanted a powerful light for the front and another standard rear light just to be sure I'm seen for the rear.

I chose for the front a Bike Hut 500 Lumens Front Light. It has a number of features, USB rechargeable, various flashing/pulse modes and energy saving settings. Not only that but it tells you how much charge it has left, plus you can use it as a power bank!


I also like the ease in which it can be removed for charging with the rubber strap.


It certainly gives me a good light spread especially when used in conjunction with my other lights.

For the rear light all I really wanted was something that flashed, so I bought a front and rear Halfords special pack. They run on AAA batteries.

Cheap and cheerful but they do what I want, the rear light is fitted onto the pannier rack at the moment, but I may have to rethink this once I am loaded. The do have a clip so I may just attach it to the equipment on the bike once loaded.

The front one I have on constant flash mode, I've attached it to a front pouch.

So there is now no excuse that drivers cannot see me!

Two flashing lights on the rear, two solids and one flash to the front.

Be seen - Be Safe!

To see my ride click here ----> https://www.strava.com/activities/1841511966






No comments:

Post a Comment