Friday, April 3, 2020

Stand By - Stand By!

Well, I'm back at work - sort of!

I'm on Stand By - There is no truck for me to drive so I'm working from home this week.

A truck is available for me next week, I pick it up Monday and I'm then tramping through to Thursday.

As of Good Friday I'm then on holiday for a week!

We should of been going over to Holland to see Kiera's Dad but for obvious reasons that is now on hold.

The annoying thing is, is my company will not allow me to change my holiday dates so it buggers up me going over later on in the year!


Many of the places we go to, once backed onto a bay, we have to hand over our keys to the warehouse staff to ensure we cannot drive off with anyone still in the back!

It is a bit excessive but there have been cases when this has actually happened.

However, due to the Corona Virus I'm not exactly happy about handing my keys over due to cross contamination, so I have made up a dummy set, placed them in a zip lock back and sealed it with a travel padlock. 

Impossible for them to remove the keys without me noticing, and if they do, they had better have a bloody good reason for doing so!

I have also completed the sign for my in laws, we went down to drop off their shopping as they are now both confined to barracks and I put it up for them.

I think they liked it!



Certainly stands out, I gave it a couple of coats of varnish to seal it, so will be interesting to see how well it weathers!

Cooked some squid rings the other night, they were really cheap from Aldi, all I did was dust them in plain flour and cooked them off on a high heat in sunflower oil.

Turned out really well!


Just had my job through for Monday, in for 0700hrs, load just up the road at Chandlers Ford (Southampton) then it's a drive up to Tilbury Docks to unload the box for export.

No idea where I will end up after that, maybe back down to Southampton or over to either London Gateway or Felixstowe. Will have to wait and see.

No plans for the weekend - not like we can go anywhere, but, what's the betting the beaches and forests will be full, especially as Sunday is supposed to be glorious.

When will people learn. I hope they all stay away, but there are some incredibly stupid folk about!

Stay safe..............




No comments:

Post a Comment