Monday, May 19, 2014

Day 14 Lands End - John O'Groats - Lands End On A Honda C90

I woke up in a comfy bed after a fantastic nights sleep a very happy man!

There was no rush as we had arranged with another of my best friends Mr Gulliver to be at Lands End for 1300hrs. His parents who happened to be in their motor home would also be there!

So I packed "Lucille", and set off for the final few miles of my epic journey around the UK.

The last few miles felt like it took ages, all sorts of thoughts were going through my head. I had really done it! But it still did not feel real!

I approached the Lands End car park and was waved through free of charge, I spotted Mr Gulliver and Little Thomas up on a bank videoing me as I came in and I drove down to the archway where I parked up.

Shortly joined by everyone else. It was at this point stood with Kiera next to me having our pictures taken that it all started to sink in. 

I had completed a journey of 2700 miles on a 27 year old Honda C90 in 14 days, and that was with having two full days off! Amazing.

We then went down to the front where the sign post was and paid £10.00 to have our pictures taken!




And that as they say is that!

I can now claim to be a double end to ender back to back but not only that but all four corners as well.

It was harder than I thought, much harder, I had injured myself, lost hours of sleep and suffered from mild hypothermia. Would I do it again? Yes, and with no hesitations at all!

So the journey continues.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment