Sunday, March 10, 2019

Steady As She Goes - Return To Cycling

It's been a while! 

I sort of lost my way for a bit, not literally, but in my mind. I am hoping that I have now remapped myself and that I can move forward.

So I took myself off out on the bike to an area of the New Forest that I wanted to explore a little more.

I did cheat though, instead of cycling to the area, I loaded the bike into the 4x4 and drove the 5 or so miles to the location.

The car park I was going to use was unfortunately full to the brim with horse boxes, 4x4's and cars.

The day I decide to explore a particular area was the same day as a hunt.

I drove on a couple more miles and decided to to head in the other direction, this did turn out to be the same was as the hunt!

The forest was pretty wet, I did try some paths off of the gravel, but they were just too wet.

I wanted an easy ride, so stayed on the gravel for the most part.




There were a couple excursions off, and found some very secluded and quiet spots.

I had my panniers fitted along with water bottles mounted to the pannier frames at the front. 

The bottles remained within the holders even on some really rough ground, so am happy that having them mounted there works.



Unlike other bikes, there really is a small triangle on the fat bike where the water bottle is frame mounted. I have seen other bikes with 3 bottles mounted within it.

My only other option would be underneath, I will give this a go once I have purchased some heavy duty tie wraps.

At the moment I can carry 4.5 litres of water which I reckon is probably enough anyway.

The red extended mudguard at the rear works a treat, it may not look pretty but if keeps all the shite off of my back and for that I really don't care what it looks like.

All in all a good day on the bike, just over 17 km, not a long ride, but enough to get the lungs working and I just felt better for getting out on the bike.

I was only 5 minutes from the car on my return and it started to rain, so managed to get away without getting soaked which is always a bonus!

Ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment