Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Girt Loada Gravel On A Fat Bike

Another day and more gravel!

Starting again from the same place - Woods Corner (see map below)



I headed North following the same route as the previous time, this time though the sun was out which made every thing look beautiful.

Mind you in the shadows it was still a bit nippy!



In my past post I took a couple of pictures looking across the plain, if I had turned around 180 degrees you would of seen the picture below!



Blue sky, it makes such a difference when the sun is out!

Under the A31, there was still a noticeable difference in wind once I got the other side of the road which was weird.

Over the flooded plain and towards Cadmans Poole, forgetting again to take a picture of the water.

This time I decided to head West and loop all the way around, there were some steep climbs and a couple of fun down hill bits. I'm always dubious about going too fast down hill, especially on a part loaded bike, one wrong move and it's an off and it could be hours before anyone else comes past you to help!

I enjoyed this route as once I had left Cadmans Pool it was all new territory for me.

This is always fun, except when you discover some long climbs, that is not fun!

I managed to bag two Personal Records as well on the trip which is always a good sign that you are doing something right.

I never go out of my way to go faster at any given point it's just a natural increase in speed.

The gravel trails are in great condition, which makes riding relatively easy.





My Brooks saddle, having now had approx 3000km of use is very comfortable, and worth every penny.

If you are considering buying one, do it, you certainly will not regret it.



I stopped for some lunch on the way back, using my Stanley Food Flask, I think these are brilliant for days out, they keep food really hot for long periods. I had steaming hot Heinz Beef Broth which was lovely.

Brewed up and had a cup of tea with honey, and was happy as Larry!




32.95km completed, lovely weather, bit windy and chilly in places, but a great ride out and 98% was all on gravel tracks.

Ride safe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment