Tuesday, March 19, 2019

All Gravel Cadmans Pool Return On A Fat Bike

Once more I loaded the car with the Fat Bike and headed off into the forest.

Starting at the same place as the other day, I intended to head North, towards the Canadian War Memorial and then across or rather under the A31 and keep going to Cadmans Pool.

On the way by the deer sanctuary is a rather long and in places steep hill, The "Deer Sanctuary Climb" as it is known on Strava is unforgiving.

I have completed it now a number of times, but I was rather pleased this time to discover I had climbed it and broken my Personal Record time!

In fact I managed to break four Personal Records on this ride, so considering I have had time off of the bike, a good result.

My first stop of the day was at a lovely little beauty spot, I often stop here purely for it's quietness and tranquillity.



In the photo below you can see my front rack set up with the bottle and cage mounted.


I carried on from here and up the hill, towards the Canadian War Memorial, not stopping, but carrying up the road a few 100 metres where I turned off again and went off road following a track towards the A31.

Stopped up before the A31, as it was a bit exposed the wind was starting to bite a bit!



Desolate, but beautiful even with it being over cast, if the sun was shining the difference in the colours would be surprising to you.

Under the A31 using an specifically built tunnel, this not only allows people to get across the road safely but also and the real purpose to allow the free movement of animals across the forest.

Once I had crossed the A31 the wind really kicked in, it was considerably stronger!

I carried on climbing up and across some flooded planes towards Cadmans Poole.

I should of taken a photo of the water, but only got one of the entry sign.


As the weather was a bit grim, and the wind chill was making it cold I decided to head home following exactly the same route.

The good thing about doing this was that it was mostly down hill all the way!

I did stop towards the end for a brew and a bite to eat.


This was my view from a strategically well placed bench, perfect for a rest stop!

All in all 20.25km not a bad ride, and very happy with the four Personal Records!

Ride safe.....



No comments:

Post a Comment