Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Trip To London

I currently work for an Agency and I can be sent anywhere to collect or deliver various items anywhere in the country.

An unusual job came up which I decided to take it was to collect three TV executives from Southampton, drive them to London for an awards dinner and then bring them back again.

Using their own Ford Galaxy it was an easy job.


I collected the vehicle and the first passenger from their office in Southampton, collected the other two from their home addresses and then headed for London.

I collected the car at 1445hrs and left at 1500hrs. By 1530 I had collected the other two and we were London bound.

I estimated that we would reach our destination by 1730hrs with no hold ups.

Our destination was Park Lane and The Grosvenor House Hotel.


The route was simple, M3, M25, M4, A4 to the centre of London.

A few minor hold ups and we arrived safe and sound at 1733hrs.

I was originally told that the pick up would be around 1030hrs, well it turned out to be 0045hrs!

That's a lot of waiting around on a wet evening, if it had been drier I could of gone for a walk, but there was no chance of that! So just had to wait it out with the help of YouTube!

I parked up in Hyde Park, plenty of parking and as the evening went buy it became very quiet. I even managed to see a fox crossing the road in front of me.


A wet and windy drive back dropping off the passengers at their homes.

Drove the Galaxy back to their office arriving at 0300hrs and then drove home.

Back and in bed for 0345hrs

A long day but easy money.


No comments:

Post a Comment