Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Day Trip To East Sussex

Another days work - This time for a plumbers merchants based in Eastleigh which is just outside of Southampton.

I had to be on site by 0730hrs. I arrived, parked up and was shown the all ready loaded Mercedes Flat Bed Van - only 3.5t and no Tacho.


It was the same as the one above but in white, it had a solid bulk head and reversing camera, nice to drive with a good gearbox and no limiter so lovely to be able to put the cruise control on at 70mph.

I was a bit surprised to see that there were only three drops and one collection.

The first drop was at a builders in Fareham, difficult to find as it was not visible from the road and had no signage to say it was there. I eventually found it after calling back to the office to get specific directions.


My next stop was in Portsmouth, which turned out to be a waste of time, as the items to be collected had all ready been sent back!


Oh well, it's not my diesel and I'm being paid!

Next stop was then a bit of a trek all the way to Forest Row in East Sussex, this place was easy to find and unloaded quickly and got on my way to my final drop.


This was all the way back down to Brighton. 


The location I had to go was on a busy road and was a big site, thankfully I found the main entrance so pulled up and the Gateman came out to see me.

I had the box in the cab, thankfully, he agreed to take the box without me evening having to get out!

Happy days, it was then a good drive back to the depot in Eastleigh.

When I got back, they asked if I could just pop around the corner and pick up a pallet and bring it back, and once I had done that I could finish for the day.

Briliant - 6 1/2 hrs work and paid for 8hrs.

I was home by 1445hrs - easy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment