Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Moving Forwards

I'll be the first to admit that 2019 did not get off to a flying start!

We spent New Year's Eve in Holland and on our return I immediately went down with Man Flu - Proper Job as well!

That knocked me about for 3 weeks, I then discovered that my Calibre Dune Fat Bike had a crack in the frame - and that took a bit of sorting out.

Then whilst at work I managed to knacker my wrist which took me out of the picture completely.

As the day is the 13th Feb - that's nearly a month and a half off the bike!

I still haven't got back on it yet.

I must admit I could of gone out on it yesterday for the first time but to be totally honest I just did not feel like it.

These past few weeks have really played on my mind and I had started to doubt my ability, my drive and passion for cycling and the reliability of my bike!

This of course is bad news for me, I need to pick myself up and get on with it.

I know I enjoy cycling, I know I enjoy my Fat Bike - My wrist is not 100% but not far off so I really have no excuses, I just need to get on with it and stop being such a fanny!

So later today I am off out for a quick spin, just to see how my wrist holds up, plus a shake down of the bike after all the new components have been fitted.

I'll let you know how I get on!


Ride safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment