Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Brain - Body And Fat Bike Shake Down!

I had to wait around this morning for the guys from "Currys" to turn up with our new washing machine.

As soon as they had I was planning on heading out on my Fat Bike for a trail ride.

I have previously mentioned that due to injury, illness and a broken frame I had not been able to ride and that led into becoming apprehensive about actually riding again.

So when everything was sorted and the new machine was plumbed in and working it was time to get back out there.

I only planned a little 5km ride, wanting to keep it local.


This was for two reasons, firstly there have been a lot of new components and upgrades added to the bike and I wanted to ensure I was not too far from home if anything went wrong.

The second was that I was not sure how my wrist would cope.

The end result you will hopefully be pleased to hear was that everything was ok.

The bike was fine, all though a little sticky going through the gears, (just need a little more lubricant on the chain).

I had no problems with my wrist at all, I purposely rode along a rough track to see how it would handle it, but all good.

All in all a good result and feel better and more confident to get back out there.

With the weather looking good tomorrow I think I'll head out for a longer ride!

Ride safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment