Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Quick Blasts - Rideouts Through The New Forest And Coast

As I have said on more than one occasion I feel rather lucky to live in the area that I do.

Even with just an hour or less of day light left at the end of the day, it's still enough time for a quick blast through the Forest.


This was taken at a place called Hatchet Pond not far from Beaulieu. A great place to watch the sun go down, although it was a bit nippy this evening.

The next time I finished work I only had a few minutes of day light remaining, so this was directly on the way home and taken at Milford Cliff Tops.


Finally the last picture of the week and it was taken at Barton Beach looking directly towards the Needles of the Isle of Wight.


So a good week on the bike, with some really cold starts with plenty of black ice about. You just have to take it slow and gentle!

My Oxford wrap around hot grips have been working overtime! However, there is one snag to this.

There are just two settings on the pair I have, that's Hot and Bloody Hot. The last couple of days I've needed them on the 2nd setting, but because my journey to and from work is so short, (20 mins avg) then unfortunately they draw more current from the battery than what is replaced by the notoriously rubbish Honda alternator. Thus resulting in a flat battery the other morning! Not what I needed.

You live and learn. 

The journey continues.......................




No comments:

Post a Comment