Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 2 Lands End - John O'Groats - Lands End On A Honda C90

Day 2 of the Challenge but really Day 3 overall - confused!?

On checking the weather it was all looking a bit grim for day 2 (Monday) so I went to bed not looking forward to what was in store for me when I woke.

Checking the weather again and listening to it coming down outside I knew all was not well!

After yesterday, and a couple of dodgy moments I decided after a bit of soul searching that it would be foolish to attempt to ride today.

The next leg is the worst, with the busiest roads of the whole journey, so with the forecast set to be dry for the rest of the week I didn't think that riding a heavily laden bike in monsoon conditions was a really sensible thing to do. It is an accident waiting to happen!

I do have 3 days spare for emergencies. I count this as an emergency, I don't mind the rain, in fact the only thing to get wet over the last few days were my legs. The rest remained dry or just a bit damp. But there are just too many idiots on the road, and there is no need to risk injury when I don't need to.

So today is being spent, sorting kit, updating this blog and seeing Kiera, a rather lovely and welcomed distraction!!!

I aim to be in Margate tomorrow evening, not a massive push but far enough and staying with an old Army mate "Diggers" the last time we were together was in 1985 where for 18 months we shared a room in Osnabruck! So it will be a quiet night and lights out by 2100 - Yeh right!

Till later.............

No comments:

Post a Comment