Monday, May 11, 2020

Be Alert Your Country Needs "Lerts"


Well, a quick update for you!

I managed to spend 2 whole weeks being on "Stand By" which for me meant being awake by 0600 hrs every day, just in case the phone went.

The last thing I wanted was for a call to come through, then for it to be a mad rush to get out the door.

But, the phone never rang!

Then after 2 weeks of being at home, on the Friday I called the office to see what was happening and they wanted me in on Monday!

So I was back in a Mercedes Actros, which is what I normally drive and we were set to go!

I must point out that this was not my Actros, that truck is still stood down and in moth balls. The truck I was in, the driver was on holiday, not that he could go any where!!!!

I also thought that it would be fun to make a video everyday - this I did and uploaded to Youtube. I've included a link to each video below.

Monday

I was heading up to Northampton, an easy day, the worst thing that happened was a new tube of 300 sweetners decided to fall apart and spill out all over the floor of my cab as I was making a brew!



I was still finding them on Friday! Took me bloody ages to pick them all up!

The link to today's trip up to Northampton is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay7ROCeuZ_Y

Tuesday

An early start - the alarm going off at 0215 hrs! Not pleasant!

On the docks for 0300 hrs and then off towards the Cotswolds, Aston Down Airfield to be precise. Lovely location with a good view out of the cab as I was being unloaded.

A bit tricky to find, my satnav deciding on taking me on a very inappropriate route.

I decided against trying to get my truck up a 21% gradient! Managed to loop around at a roundabout and tried another easier route in, which I had driven past 2 miles previously!





Then it was back to the yard, missed the slots on the docks so an early finish and another early start for the morning!



Did have some good views to look at whilst I was resting up! There are quite a few cruise ships tied up in port at the moment due to the plague.

The link to today's video is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkve352rFL8&feature=youtu.be 

Wednesday

A day trip into Wales, well, Chepstow! It did mean that I drove over the old Severn Bridge which was a first for me in a truck!

I managed to get some good footage I think as well, but I'll let you be the judge of that!


Truck looked good in the sunshine, I only had a 20ft box on. It was weighing in around 26 tons which is almost maxed out. You certainly knew it was on the back when you hit a hill.

On my return, I had to take the truck in for it's service. This meant a night at home!


Thursday

Had to collect the truck at 0700 hrs so not an early start today, and due to it being VE Day tomorrow, my last day of the week!

A trip back up the A34 to Litchfield and a tip at 1300 hrs meant I didn't get back down the road till late.

Not much of a view today!



By the time I had emptied my truck and then sanitised it, I eventually made it home just after 2000 hrs.


That was my week!

Hope you enjoyed the video's - don't forget to subscribe to my channel on Youtube it would be very much appreciated!

Now, next week?

Can you guess?

Yep - "Stand By" again!!!!!

Hence I'm bringing you up to speed!

Stay safe and as we have now been told to be "Alert" it reminds me of an old Army poster we used to have.


Stay safe every one and be a "Lert"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment