Thursday, December 1, 2016

1st December Ride Out On The Ural

With a day off today and with the prospect of having to paint the bathroom ceiling later on what was needed was an hour on the Ural!

I had to go into Lymington on an errand, so decided to take the scenic route along the coast.

We really are blessed with some amazing scenery in this part of the world.

However, it did not take long before someone decided to pull out of a junction right in front of me. I narrowly missed him, but had to hit the brakes pretty hard to avoid a collision.

I reckon that if I was on two wheels instead of three I may well of been off at that point as the roads were still slippery from the heavy frost we had over night.

Leaving New Milton and heading for Milford and some fine views across the Solent towards the Isle of Wight I could see up ahead a couple walking on the pavement and they had a dog with them.

As I was about to pass them the dog decided to take a leap at me, the owner not being in control of his dog by having it on a long lead could do nothing to stop it.

I swerved and thought I was going over but managed to hang on, I also thought I had hit the dog as I heard a knock as I passed. I immediately pulled over, I was shaking like a leaf.

I switched the engine off and looked back to see that the dog appeared to be fine, the woman came running up to me and asked if I was ok, where I pointed out to her in no uncertain terms that they could of killed me!

She did apologise, but the bloke who had been holding the dog and who's fault it was said nothing, so I'm afraid I ripped into the pair of them for being so irresponsible.

I rode off and had to pull over in the next car park where I sat for a few minutes gathering my thoughts, it shook me up.

Into Lymington, jobs done, (unsuccessfully) then decided to head home via Keyhaven.

The sun was shining brightly but the air temperature was only just above zero.




The tide was just on it's way in and was about to creep over the road, another hour and the road would be impassable.

Home, where the painting started, but at least I had a blast out on the Ural.

The journey continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment