Sunday, February 21, 2016

Riding With A Pillion - How It Works For Us!

Riding with a pillion is a little different than normal riding. Then it is only yourself to have to worry about!

With your loved one sat right behind,  you are tasked with not only to get them from point A to point B, but to keep them alive!

As the days are getting closer to our Honeymoon, when we are heading off to the South of France and hopefully Italy I thought it about time Kiera got on the bike again.

We have only been out a couple of times around the New Forest, but this time we needed to get some motorway miles under our belts.

Kiera was a little nervous about this. We decided to head for Portsmouth, just to see how long it would take us to get to the ferry terminal. So we killed two birds with one stone.

I have now completed nearly 3000 miles on the bike, riding in all sorts of weather, day and night and all types of roads.

I feel a great deal more confident on the bike now than when we first went out together.

The most difficult part for me with a pillion is when they get on and off! Trying to hold the bike up whilst they climb aboard I find tough going.

It's a tall heavy bike and with my short legs it does stretch me to my limits!

Once on and we are off it's as if it's just me. The bike just seems to revel in the experience, being stable, and just as quick off the mark.

It was also very windy today, there were some exposed sections of the motorway with some vicious  cross winds to tend with, but we managed ok. My arms were a little tired by the time we got home.

Kiera enjoyed the ride, and is excited about our European tour, so today's motorway trip did not put her off!

Which is just as well as the ferry is booked and so is the first two nights accommodation!!

The journey continues.......


No comments:

Post a Comment